About me

Saturday, December 17, 2011

There were stumps

Can you tell I've been stalking about the neighborhood lately?

On today's walk, I noticed that the grounds crew had been grinding stumps. I don't know why. It just seems that people value an unnatural sameness. Everywhere. Heaven forbid the gravy have a lump. Does know one recall that lumps are often where the good parts are?

Regardless, the stumps are gone. Rendered in a day how they would become on their own in a decade. I don't see the improvement, but that's just me. However, I do see a few mushmoons. Very large and gnarly mushmoons.



This one is growing sideways. I suppose it had started growing, and then the soil was disturbed.


And then there's this one, growing from where a stump was removed much earlier. Peeking through the grass, sufficiently far from the sidewalk to, perhaps, survive. 


Of course, they all have to get through the coming cold, which is going to be a little more chili than the typical mushmoon would prefer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment