About me

Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost

The Holy Trinity right there on my sidewalk.


I was pedaling on my way to an appointment with no time to spare, but I stopped for this picture.  The Holy Trinity right there for all the world to see.  That left me thinking how three was, and still is, a lot more than just Christianity's Holy Super Trio.  Others earlier had their own meaning, but geometry won it for me.  Three points define a plane, at least in Euclidean geometry.  (The fancier stuff has different rules.)

Anyway, I took the picture and skedaddled, arriving at my appointment 10 minutes early.  Sometimes, it all works out a little better than I expect.  On my way back, I remembered the mushrooms, and especially the another set with the triplet all mashed together with a single sprout way off to the side.  I skipped that extra picture earlier so I wouldn't be late.

Well, guess what is not there now?  In the span of three hours, poof, they're gone.  All of them.  Not even the residue of mushroom too long in the hot sun.  Nothing.  Yes, I rode back and forth three times on the bike looking for what was, but is no longer, there.

I suppose the mothership returned for her children.

No comments:

Post a Comment